Saturday 22 June 2013

Every Day By David Levithan

 Every Day
Author: David Levithan
Pages: 336
Publication Date: August 28, 2012
Source: Library
Format: Ebook


Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.

There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.

It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.




One of the best books I've read this year! I had heard loads of good reviews on this book, some saying that it was life-changing or that it was inspirational. To me, I thought it was both. Every Day was filled with wise quotes that had you thinking a lot. I literally had to take breaks while reading this, trying to reflect on what I had just read. 

I loved the variety of characters that the author had written. There were a wide range of characters. You looked into different personalities, characteristics and traits of plenty of people. It was great, yet you were still in the head of A. 

A had to be one of my favourite fictional characters ever. I liked how just for once he wanted to brighten up Rhiannon's day despite that he wasn't going to stay in the same body the next day. It was sad that he couldn't be in the same body. At times he was a girl instead of a boy which was sort of hard for him to cope with. And especially when he was with Rhiannon. It was a challenge for the both of them. 

David's writing was what blew me away. The way he crafted this book was just breathtaking. Ending was beautiful. So incredibly beautiful. It was sort of bittersweet, but I still loved it nonetheless. 

Overall, this was a spectacular read and I highly recommend this book to anyone.  

                                  6/5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment