Monday 24 June 2013

Pandemonium By Lauren Oliver

Pandemonium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Pages: 375
Publication Date: February 28, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Library
Format: Paperback

I’m pushing aside 
the memory of my nightmare, 
pushing aside thoughts of Alex, 
pushing aside thoughts of Hana 
and my old school, 
push, 
push, 
push, 
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.


First off, let me just say that Lauren Oliver is my favourite author. I adore her and her beautifully written books. Her writing style is breathtaking and I seriously want to drown myself into her writing. This book captures your attention, wanting you to have more and more.

I was overly excited to read the second book. Though I didn't think it was as good as the first one, it still drew me in. The downside to this book was that Alex was absent for the entire book except for the last page (I hate cliffhangers). The flashbacks irritated me since I only wanted to know the present, not the past.

However, we do meet a new character, Julian. Would it be a bad thing that I kind of love Julian as much as I love Alex? When I was first introduced to him, my mind instantly thought love triangle. I just knew  it was coming. One thing I liked about him was how he thought love was a disease at first, but then his view was completely changed by Lena. It was the same story as Lena and Alex.  

The ending of the book was what threw me off a cliff and had me screaming. When you finally want Alex to come in, he just has to come in at the last page. I've been waiting and waiting, now I have to wait until I get my hands on Requiem. Though I'm sort of scared to read it due to the reviews and comments.

Overall, it was a great read and I highly recommend the series!

4/5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment