Saturday 13 July 2013

Abandon by Meg Cabot


Abandon (Abandon #1)
Author: Meg Cabot
Pages: 304
Publication Date: April 26, 2011
Publisher: Point




Though she tries returning to the life she knew before the accident, Pierce can't help but feel at once a part of this world, and apart from it. Yet she's never alone . . . because someone is always watching her. Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

But now she's moved to a new town. Maybe at her new school, she can start fresh. Maybe she can stop feeling so afraid.

Only she can't. Because even here, he finds her. That's how desperately he wants her back. She knows he's no guardian angel, and his dark world isn't exactly heaven, yet she can't stay away . . . especially since he always appears when she least expects it, but exactly when she needs him most.

But if she lets herself fall any further, she may just find herself back in the one place she most fears: the Underworld.


Meg Cabot is a very popular author, well known for her book series The Princess Diaries. I have not read it, but I have seen the movies which I absolutely love. I should have read that series first but I wanted to dive into her more paranormal/fantasy type of books. One that caught my eye was Abandon. I think what sparked my interest in this book was the mythology in this book. I've always been a fan of learning mythology ever since I was taught it in the eighth grade.

Abandon was a real disappointment to me. Mythology wise, it was decent. I didn't hate nor did I love it. The plot was extremely slow. I mean, it dragged on. It wasn't moving forward which frustrated me. For me to love a book, it needs action, plot, suspense or something that will catch my attention. 3/4 of the book was boring. I had to force myself to read this. Usually, I would have stopped reading it and move onto another, but I had a feeling that somewhere near the end, it would eventually pick up. And of course, it did.

I think if Abandon didn't focus too much on the past, it would have been better. Maybe add more action or new mysterious characters that would move the plot forward. Some loved this book, but for me it was okay.

2.5/5 STARS


No comments:

Post a Comment