Friday 3 January 2014

End of Year Book Survey 2013


I've seen this survey on my dashboard for the past week and I thought it would be fun to do this. If you're interested in participating as well, you could over to Jamie's blog, The Perpetual Page-Turner and sign up as well.  



1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist) 

This is just a few, if you want to know more, here's my Top 13 of 2013.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn't?

Divergent & Insurgent by Veronica Roth -The were both incredibly disappointing.

3. Most surprising (in a good way) book of 2013?

Fight or Flight by Jamie Canosa is a self published books but this one completely surprised me since I had no idea what I was heading into. 

4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?

Delirium by Lauren Olvier

5. Best series you discovered in 2013?

The Iron Fey series or the Unearthly trilogy

6. Favourite new author discovered in 2013?

Julie Kagawa

7. Best book that out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

I don't really read new adult, but when I read Find You In the Dark & Light in the Shadows by A. Meredith Walters, I was blown away. Definitely one of the best new adult books I've read.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?

Altered by Jennifer Rush was filled with action that it was so hard to put down.

9. Book you read in 2013 that you are most likely to re-read next year?

Nevermore and Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh

10. Favourite book of a cover you read in 2013?




11. Most memorable character in 2013

Halley from Someone Like You


12. Most beautifully written book you read in 2013


13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?


14. Book you can't believe you waited until 2013 to finally read?


15. Favourite passage/quote you read in 2013?

From Stay:



12. Shortest book you read and longest you read in 2013

Shortest- Moonglass by Jessi Kirby (232 pages)
Longest- Gone by Michael Grant (558 pages)

17. Book that a scene in it that you had reeling and dying to talk to somebody about it (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss)

The epilogue of Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh. Seriously, ya'll need to pick up this series if you haven't.

18. Favourite relationship from a book you read in 2013

Anna and Bennett from Time Between Us (romance)
Halley and Scarlett from Someone Like You (friendship)

19) Favourite book you read in 2013 from an author you've read previously

Since I only started reading just last year, all the authors I've read from are all brand new to me, except for Stephanie Meyers, which I didn't read any books by her at all this year.

20. Best book you read in 2013 that you had read based solely on a recommendation from somebody else

My best friends loves The Gallagher Girl series by Ally Carter and has recommended it to me so many times that I agreed to read the first three books. My, oh my was that a good deciosion!

21. Genre you read most from in 2013

It's between contemporary romance or paranormal.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?

Christian Prescott & Tucker Avery from the Unearthly trilogy
Puck & Ash from the Iron Fey series

They're love triangles, but I can never choose between the both of them. For instance, Christian and Tucker are such swoon-worthy guys that it's too hard to pick one. Can't I just keep them both? (:

23. Best 2013 debut you read

How to Love by Katie Cotugno - Absolutely stunning!

24. Most vivid/world imagery in a book you read in 2013?

Literally, anything by Julie Kagawa.

25. Book that was the most fun to read in 2013


26. Book that you made cry or nearly cry in 2013?

Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay - This book may not be sad, but Gem was such a strong character that reading through his POV was absloutely heart-breaking.

27. Book you read in 2013 that you think got overlooked this year or when it came out?

I haven't actually seen that much reviews for Starglass by Phoebe North, but it was a fantastic sci-fi.



 1. One book you didn't get to in 2013 but will be your number one priority in 2014?

Believe it or not, I still haven't read Anna and the French Kiss, but I will definitely make it a priority this year.

2) Book you most anticipating for 2014

Talon by Julie Kagawa -  I will devour anything by this author.

3) 2014 book you are most anticipating (debut)

The Falconer by Elizabeth May - I heard some pretty amazing things about this book.

4) Series ending you are most anticipating in 2014


5) One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging in 2014?

Blogging - I hope to post six times a week. I would aim for everyday, but I need a day to take a break.
Reading - My goal is to read over 100 books. 

1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist) - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2013/12/4th-annual-end-of-year-book-survey-2013-edition.html#sthash.t4gRLYR9.dpuf
1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist) - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2013/12/4th-annual-end-of-year-book-survey-2013-edition.html#sthash.t4gRLYR9.dpuf


1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist) - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2013/12/4th-annual-end-of-year-book-survey-2013-edition.html#sthash.t4gRLYR9.dpuf


1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist) - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2013/12/4th-annual-end-of-year-book-survey-2013-edition.html#sthash.t4gRLYR9.dpu

No comments:

Post a Comment